- Registration must be completed by all new students with a one-off registration fee of AED150.
- All communications for booking and rescheduling of lessons and making payments etc. must be done at the reception. Melodica cannot be held responsible if communications are made directly with the teachers.
- All fees are NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Melodica's code of conduct and studio policies must be adhered to at all times.
- Melodica will be closed during UAE and Islamic holidays which are subject to change as per government and KHDA announcements. Classes will operate as normal during school half-term holidays.
- Melodica may take photos and videos during lessons and performances to be used for marketing, social media and other publications as required.
- Your lessons will be booked at a regular time slot each week, for your full course ahead. Should you wish to change this time, please advise the reception at least a week in advance, the lesson will be rescheduled if there is availability.
- Renewal of your course must be made a minimum of 2 lessons prior to the end of your current course. Melodica will try to reserve your same lesson schedule where available, however, times cannot be held on the timetable without payment, and reception cannot be responsible for following up on students to rebook their courses. Therefore, to secure a fixed time for a period ahead we offer longer packages.
- Please arrive 5 minutes before your scheduled lesson. If you are late the teacher cannot extend beyond your scheduled end time, to prevent disruption of other students.
- It is mandatory that the parent or guardian of the student is inside or within the school premises 5 minutes before the class ends to ensure the student’s safety.
- Parents /Guardians are requested to come and meet the teacher of your child 5 minutes before the end of every lesson to be updated with his/her progress and to be informed of what he/she must practice at home.
- A Minimum of 24 hours’ notice must be given in writing if a student cannot attend a class as per schedule.
- The maximum cancellations and considerations are listed on the price list per course.
- A make-up lesson will be given at the availability of any teacher’s schedule, may not be your own teacher and must be booked at the time of the cancellation. If a lesson is missed or less than 24 hours’ notice is provided, no compensation can be given this includes illness and emergency, etc.
Rescheduled lessons and make-up lessons cannot be changed again and must be booked at the time of canceling the original lesson only. It is the student's responsibility to book any requested make-up lesson.
- If the teacher is unavailable for make-up lessons or the student cannot come at the offered times, then the lesson is forfeited, Make-up lessons cannot be carried forward beyond the course expiry.
- Should a lesson be canceled by Melodica due to public holidays or a teacher’s absence, a replacement lesson will be offered at the earliest convenience during the course dates and cannot be carried forward beyond the course expiry.
Melodica reserves the right to change schedule and teachers at any necessary time, the student will be reassigned an appropriate teacher or offered to freeze until their teacher is available again, refunds will not be given where a teacher leaves.
- Students are responsible to bring their instrument and required books for class and to practice at home as needed. Failure to practice or bring the necessary books may impact on the students' progress.
- Courses can be frozen in writing as per the limitations of their package plus July and August.
The grace period of packages can ONLY be used for freezing and NOT for makeup lessons.
- Makeup lessons should be booked in the same week or before the next lesson.
- Dance students must only attend the classes appropriate to their level and age as directed by the instructor.
- Packages must be completed within the expiry period, no extension can be offered, with the exception of July + August. Freezing of packages is only permitted with 2 weeks' written notice to the Reception.
- Freezing during July + August is offered in addition to the expiry period.
- Dance students must wear an appropriate uniform for every class.
- In order to avoid disruption to the class and other students, studio policies must be adhered to at all times.
- For any change of subject or duration or location, there will be a charge of AED150 processing fee.
- The request can only be granted for 3, 6- and 9-months packages.
- The allocation of the lesson timings is subject to availability. Kindly contact the center to know about the availability of the desired schedule.