Registration and Fees
- Registration must be completed by all new students with a one-off registration fee of AED150.
- All fees are non-refundable. Refunds will not be given under any circumstances.
- Examination fees, concert fees, transfer fees, accessories and instruments etc. are not included in the package price.
- Fees can be paid by cash, card or online. Cheques and bank transfers are not accepted.
- Instruments, products or accessories purchased are eligible for exchange or refund as per the refund and exchange policy.
- From the date the package is purchased, students have six (6) months to start the package. Any packages which are not started within this time will be forfeited.
- Promotions offered by Melodica cannot be adjusted against previously purchased packages.
- A promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion.
- Students must commit to promotional package terms and conditions. If the student cannot commit to the terms and conditions, the promotional package is subject to Conversion terms and conditions.
- Lesson timing allocation is subject to availability.
- Lessons will be booked at regular time slots, each week, for the duration of the package. For lesson time slot changes, submit a request to the Front Desk, a minimum of one (1) week before the request schedule change. If the time slot is available, it will be provided.
- If a weekly time slot cannot be committed to, it is the responsibility of the student to book the lessons each week, according to any teacher’s availability, within the expiry period. No extension can be offered. This does not apply to group music lessons.
- All dance classes and group music lessons have a maximum capacity for health, safety and quality reasons. A student must select a class based on availability. Without a fixed lesson schedule, students may not be permitted to participate since the student had no prior booking and the class is at maximum capacity.
- If a student wishes to take an online lesson instead of a schedule face-to-face lesson, the student must inform and confirm with the Front Desk. Online lessons are not available for group music or dance lessons.
- For group music lessons, students will be assessed and assigned to a group of the relevant skill level.
Cancellations and Make-Up Lessons
- The number of cancellations permitted, depends on the package purchased and can be found on the price list.
- A minimum of twenty-four (24) hours’ notice must be provided, in writing, if a student cannot make a scheduled lesson.
- If a lesson is missed or less than twenty-four (24) hours’ notice is provided, no compensation will be given. This includes for emergencies, illness etc.
- If a student misses a group music lesson, it is at the discretion of the teacher if the student will rejoin the same group, take a private music lesson (at an additional cost) to catch-up or automatically assigned to another group, if available.
- It is the responsibility of the student to book a make-up lesson. Make-up lessons can be taken face-to-face or online.
- A make-up lesson will be provided at the availability of any teacher’s schedule. The teacher may differ from the regular teacher; the make-up lesson must be booked at the time of cancellation; and the make-up lesson must be taken in the same week or before the next lesson.
- Rescheduled lessons and make-up lessons cannot be rescheduled again.
- If the teacher is unavailable for a make-up lesson or the student cannot come at the offered timings, the lesson is forfeited.
- If a lesson is cancelled by Melodica due to public holidays or teacher absence, a make-up lesson will be offered in the same week or before the next lesson.
- Make-up lessons cannot be carried forward beyond the package expiry, in any circumstances.
(Freezing and Package Expiry
- Packages can be frozen, in writing, as per the limitations of the package which are listed on the price list.
- Additional freezing will be permitted for either July or August.
- If a student freezes a group music lesson package, it is at the discretion of the teacher if the student will rejoin the same group, take a private music lesson (at an additional cost) to catch-up or automatically assigned to another group, if available.
- Freezing is only permitted with a written request, to the Front Desk, a minimum of two (2) weeks before the requested freezing period.
- Packages must be completed within the expiry period (package duration + package freezing). No extensions can be offered, under any circumstances.
- Package grace periods can only be used for freezing and not make-up lessons.
- In case the student takes a holiday, private music lessons can be taken online.
- Package renewals must be made a minimum of two (2) lessons before the expiry of the existing package.
- Melodica will try to reserve the same lesson schedule, where available, however times cannot be held without payment. The Front Desk are not responsible for following up with the student to renew the package. To secure a fixed time for the longer term, Melodica offers longer packages.
Transfers and Conversions
- Packages can be transferred to another student/person only. Transfer requests are subject to an AED100 administration fee.
- All fees are subject to 5% Value Added Tax (VAT).
- Transfer requests can be submitted for change of subject, lesson duration, lesson frequency and transfer to another student or location.
- Transfer requests will be granted for all package types.
- No minimum number of remaining lessons is required to submit a request for transfer. All transfers are subject to Melodica approval based on schedule availability.
- Transfers, if approved, can only be granted one (1) time per active package.
- Partial package transfers are not permitted. The student must transfer the entire package.
- The conversion of package fees to products is not permitted.
- If a student wants to convert a package, the existing package will be converted into credit. If the credit is more than the new package price, the remaining credit will be retained on the student’s account for future spends. If the new package price is less than the remaining credit, the customer will either pay the price difference of the new package or lessons will be provided equivalent to the credit amount.
- Conversion of exam fees, admin fees or concert fees to services or products is not permitted.
- All communications for scheduling and re-scheduling, making payments, absences etc. must be done with the Front Desk.
- Melodica will not be held responsible if communication is made directly with teachers.
- Melodica will be closed as per KHDA and government announcements which are subject to change. Classes will operate as normal during school half-term holidays.
- Dance students and group music students must only attend the class appropriate to their level and age, as directed by the teacher.
- In case of any branch closure, all students must continue with online lessons or take lessons in another branch.
- Instruments will be made available in each classroom for use during the scheduled face-to-face lesson only – these instruments cannot be taken home. Melodica recommends that all students purchase an instrument for home practice.
- Melodica reserves the right to change the schedule, teacher and branch at any necessary time. The student will be offered a new schedule; be re-assigned to a new teacher or branch; or offered freezing until a teacher is available again. Refunds are not given under any circumstances.
- In the event of an Act of God or Force Majeure, Melodica will provide an alternative method for lesson delivery.
School Code of Conduct
- Melodica Code of Conduct and Studio Policies must be adhered to at all times.
- Students must arrive five (5) minutes before the lesson starts (face-to-face and online). If the student is late and to prevent disruption to the next student, the teacher cannot extend a lesson beyond the scheduled end time.
- Parents/guardians must be inside the school or within school premises, five (5) minutes before the class end time, to ensure the student’s safety.
- Parents/guardians are requested to meet the teacher, five (5) minutes before the end of every lesson (face-to-face and online), to be updated with student progress and homework.
- Students are responsible to bring their instrument and required books to the lesson and to practice at home as required. Failure to practice or bring the necessary books, may impact on the students’ progress.
- Students must wear appropriate uniform to class.
- Online lessons are automatically recorded for the safety and security of students and quality of lessons.
- Online lessons recordings are held securely and will not be sent, used or published to any external party due to confidentiality and privacy, this includes to the student.
- Melodica may take photos and videos during lessons and performances to be used for training, marketing, social media and other publications as required.
- Melodica holds information about its customers, to enable Melodica to carry out its business. This information includes the customer contact details and student record information. Melodica will not disclose any information to any third party.