Want to know Interesting facts about ballet dancers? Ballet dance falls into the category of classical dance.
A professional dancer must complete ten years of training, most of which will be spent attending more than 20 hours of classes every week.
Dancers are required to study ballet as well as character and contemporary dance, partner dance, and short variations of well-known ballets.
Additionally, the workload is tough in more ways than one.
They have to practice for many many hours
- A professional ballet dancer may complete 5000 hrs of practice in preparation for one performance
- A male ballet dancer maintains strength as he may have to lift the equivalent of 1 ton of ballerinas during one performance.
- During the performance, a dancer should adopt a ballerina’s style.
- This styling requires approximately 400 hours of preparation prior to a performance.
Ballet dancers where specialized shoes
- Ballet dancers wear pointe shoes. Such shoes help them to dance on their toes. In addition they often scatter a yellow crystal substance on the stage before performing, this substance prevents them from slipping during a performance.
Ballet dancers traditionally wear tutus
- Traditionally these tutus had to be homemade and cost approximately $2000.
- Ballet dancers will go through approximately 4000 pairs of tights throughout their careers.
- Most costumes worn for performances are not washable so the dancers use fresheners on them to make them look new and perfect.
If you are in Dubai and want to take ballet classes visit www.melodica.ae to book lessons at the top ballet center in Dubai