Take quick in-between breaks to relax the mind
It is important to know when to take breaks and when to start piano lessons for kids. Breaks can bring a calm state of mind, thus, keeping the brain focused on the learning process. An agitated, bored, and uninterested individual is more prone to making mistakes. However, keeping the brain too lax may take its concentration away from the current lesson, disconnecting one’s momentum. That said, you must keep a good balance between taking breaks and resuming the practice. 15 minutes after every one hour of playing is enough to maintain a stable learning flow.
Be patient with your students, especially first-timers
We all understand that piano lectures for children can somehow be stressful, but keep in mind that some students do not function very well when they are pressured. Although the strict approach works on some individuals, it does not apply to all—and more often than not, learners can do better outputs through positive reinforcement. Learning piano is just as tricky as teaching it, so empathize with your students to create better personal connection with them.
Tell your student to relax and let his or her body do the work
One of the best things about piano is that once you get the pace for playing, you can simply feel the music and just let your body do the work. This is just one of the benefits of piano lessons for kids. Having said that, you can ask your students to close their eyes and just feel the music flow through their body. Make them establish a strong connection with the piano for them to play with heart and spirit. Not only does it allow them to play smoothly, but it also creates a more exciting feel as they start feeling playing piano as leisure and not an added work.
Conduct different exercises outside the actual lecture to improve accuracy
Focus and finger exercises are good workouts or warm-ups before conducting piano lessons for kids. It may not seem like it, but playing video games can actually help in improving eye-hand coordination. It also helps keeping the mind alert which can help in anticipating the next key to press when playing piano. Search for activities that can help improve focus, as well.
Let us discuss the benefits of music and playing an instrument to a person or a child.
- Exposing your child to music at a Dubai certified music school improves his verbal and visual skills. There are many studies that have shown that a child’s brain is stimulated more when he hears music. When you start training him, his ability to comprehend words is enhanced and his IQ level increases. They become better communicators.
- Music helps improve our health. Listening to music makes most people happy and when this happens, endorphins are released which in turn helps improve our vascular health. Music makes us less anxious and helps us rest better and also reduces depression which is great for patients in the hospital as this helps lower their blood pressure.
- Music helps improve our sleep quality. Because we are less anxious and less depressed, we are able to sleep better. Having enough sleep improves our overall health. We know that many diseases are caused by too much stress and not getting enough sleep. People who are working and are always on the go sometimes forget that their body needs to rest. When that happens, all kinds of diseases surface. By listening to music, we feel more relaxed and are able to sleep better.
There are several more reasons why music should be introduced to the young and the old alike. The world is truly a better place with music. What are you waiting for? Head out to the best music school. Dubai’s Melodica is one of the best schools in the area. We offer free trials so your child will know which instrument he likes best.
Your voice, when used correctly, can make a powerful and influential impact on any listener. You can be talking, narrating or singing and people will naturally listen to you and understand. This is why vocal training is important if you want to achieve such a goal.
Be the Best You can Be
It’s not easy to reach your full potential and be the best singer you hope you can be. If you want to be better and if you want to be one of the best, then having voice lessons is an advantage. You will know the right techniques that could bring your voice out, you can also learn exercises to successfully develop it and eventually reach its full potential.
Staying in tune or on key while singing for hours at end will and can be challenging. Being a consistent singer is what professionals are all about and this is what you want to achieve too. Nerves can sometimes have a negative effect on you vocal chords. This can also have adverse effects on your breathing which will, in turn, affect your singing. With the right vocal trainings, you will know how to manage all these and have control, such that you can rely on your vice to be consistent and not let you down.
Being able to sing greatly and consistently is amazing in itself. Being able to maximize your vocal range is even better. Imagine being able to just throw your voice out there in all its potential without straining yourself, you can sing at ease, you can take your pick from an extensive range of songs and just overall be a better singer than ever. You get to keep listeners tuned in with interesting choices.
You can have a great voice but if you are not confident enough, you will find it hard to become successful. Professional singers do develop confidence over time and this is due to them having control of their voice. When you perform, your audience will feel if you are comfortable and confident when you sing. Having control will generate that confidence and this you can do if you have the right technique. Voice lessons will teach you what you need to know and learn about technique and later on give a powerful performance. You can take much better care of your voice if you go through vocal trainings. The health of your vocal chords is of course very important and knowing how to take care of them you can avoid damage and strain undue strain.
Going into private guitar classes is not just for those who want to pursue a career or future in music, it is also for any music enthusiast who wants to know more about playing the guitar. It is also for people or kids who are looking for a worthwhile hobby or even a diversion. Knowing how to play a guitar correctly can enhance your life in so many ways. This is just similar to you learning about music or any other instrument for that matter. When you try your hand in learning how to play the guitar, you will find out that you also have an effortless time learning your other subjects such as Mathematics and being more coordinated when you previously were not. There are indeed a lot of benefits one can derive from learning music.
Enhances Academic Skills
When a child learns about scales, beats and rhythm in a private guitar class, they also understand mathematics more when it comes to division, making fractions and easily recognizing patterns. This is because math is greatly entangled with music. When you continually learn the instrument, you exercise your mind as you keep repeating the music which in turn also affects your short term memory and later on your long term memory is enhanced.
Enhances Physical Abilities
When playing the instrument, your hands, your arms and sometimes your feet move as well. There is better hand and eye coordination observed with people who play the guitar. Kids also have much better energy as their whole body rhythmically moves as they make music. Both hands are working when playing which overall just improves your coordination and these abilities are all needed in other activities such as engaging in sports.
Develope Social Ability
Adults and kids alike can be insecure or withdrawn or just shy for whatever reason and music helps them let go of some of these negative feelings. Being part of a group that, let’s say, plays the guitar, tremendously improves their social skills. They get out of their shell, some learn how to be patient and they are more understanding of others. Kids have something in common to discuss with peers, it could be about playing the guitar or just about music all together. Music and guitar playing becomes a form of outlet and kids can be more outgoing when discussing these topics.
Knowing how to play the guitar is not just one lesson but guitar classes fees are affordable. Visit us at Melodica and let your kids learn how to play an instrument.
The most essential thing is a natural fit between your child and the teacher. Set up a meeting between your child and a prospective music teacher. Don’t do all the talking. Let your child speak for herself.
Look for simple things. Does this teacher
- Make eye contact with your child?
- Seem genuinely interested in what your child says?
- Draw your child out?
- Have a sense of humor?
Humor is invaluable in dealing with children. It’s better for your child to have a lesson that includes laughter. After all, your child is a child.
Ask your child these questions:
- How did you feel when you were working with her?
- Was there anything she did that made you uncomfortable or confused?
- Would you like to see her again?
Some Music teachers in Dubai, especially the younger ones, may not have much experience. Ironically, it’s the teachers just getting started who often have the least experience teaching beginners. Keep an open mind about them, though. A young, enthusiastic teacher who’s willing to invest wholeheartedly in your child may be your best choice. Nothing is better than an experienced teacher, but nothing is worse than a teacher who is also rigid, exhausted, bored, or burned out.
One effective way to find out about a Music teacher in Dubai is to attend a recital by her students. Whenever possible, Melodica invite prospective parents and students to come and hear our students play. It’s a simple way for them to experience the style of Melodica and see how we relate to our students and their families.
If you’re just not sure, ask if you can take a Free trial Music lesson in Dubai to see if it’s a good fit for your child or Yourself.
Get your Piano lessons in Dubai at Melodica Music Center!
Do You want to buy a Used Yamaha Piano in Dubai?
Do You Want to buy used Yamaha U1 piano in Dubai?
Do You Want to buy used Yamaha U3 piano in Dubai?
The main difference between a Yamaha U1 upright Piano and a Yamaha U3 Upright piano is that the Yamaha U3 is 10cm taller and a little bit deeper (measuring from front to back). This gives it 3 main advantages to go for Yamaha U3 Piano:
1. The extra height of a Yamaha U3 Upright Piano means that it can house longer strings which result in a warmer, richer sound. The reason a concert grand sounds so amazing is largely due to the very long strings it houses. Similarly, the reason a Yamaha U3 piano sounds so much better than a Yamaha U1 or any other short upright piano is that the Yamaha U3 has a much longer strings.
2. The larger cabinet of the Yamaha U3 Piano also allows it to house a larger soundboard which is good for producing a richer, more resonant tone.Melodica Music Center refer you again to concert grand pianos with their long strings and large soundboard.
3. Finally, the extra space created inside the Yamaha U3 piano cabinet allows it to house longer keys and a taller action which gives it a touch very close to that of a grand piano.
If you sit and play a Yamaha U3 Piano next to a Yamaha U1 Piano you can feel this difference. A Yamaha U1 Piano can feel a little bit “shallow” to touch compared with the deeper, smoother, more comfortably balanced touch of the Yamaha U3. Technicians and pianists alike comment on the better level of control you can achieve with the U3 action compared with the U1.
Other than that, they are equal. The build quality and component quality is just as good. The U1 is not a small piano so it does still have a good, rich tone, just not quite as rich as the U3. So if your budget will stretch Melodica Music Center recommend the Yamaha U3 Piano.
Some of our Yamaha used U3 pianos in Dubai are bright, some of our Yamaha used U3 pianos in Dubai are medium and some are mellow. This is mainly down to the soundboards being unique from one piano to the next. The job of the soundboard is to amplify the vibrations from the strings and so each different soundboard gives each piano it’s own unique “voice”. However, when it comes to the Yamaha U1 pianos, they seem to have a much more consistent tone, there is less variation between bright and mellow. We are not certain why that is but it does tend to be the case. It is therefore quite easy to choose a Yamaha U1 because they all sound so similar. Choosing a U3, however, is therefore a bit trickier because you have to figure out if you like a mellow, bright or medium tone. It’s good to have the choice of course because for a room with a hard floor and no soft furnishings you should look to choose a mellow piano. For a room with a heavy carpet and curtains etc a brighter piano would be a better choice. So it’s good that the U3s give you that choice of tone.
The Yamaha U3 Piano is much more popular than the Yamaha U1 Piano and so we try to keep more U3s in stock than U1s to give our U3 shoppers a bigger choice. I probably sell five U3s to every U1 and the reason for this seems to be that once a person has decided that they are spending this much money, they don’t mind stretching that bit further to get the best sound quality possible.
Practicing at least 20 minutes every day
It is cliché, but practice really does makes perfect. Keeping your muscles and brain working on the same thing over and over would establish muscle memory which can prove to be your ally in times when you have to learn new songs while trying to use past lectures to perform it. In order to follow this practice religiously, you need to schedule and allot a particular time of your day for it. You may not be able to reach piano certification levels on your own, but you can sure help your teachers mentor you faster and with better accuracy.
Learn how to calm your mind and concentrate
We think that piano teacher organizations would agree that everyone is more efficient when their minds are at a calm state as the brain absorbs more information when it is not anxious. It may be difficult to achieve, but you must master the way of isolating yourself and ignoring everything else around you as you learn to make it easier for you to take in what you are trying to learn. There are ways of doing this, such as doing yoga or doing breathing exercises before studying.
Get your own piano unit
Most piano units are expensive, which contributes to why such piece of musical contraption is a symbol of class. That said, not everyone is capable of purchasing one. However, as much as possible, get yourself a piano unit because it can help you a lot in practicing. This way, you are not dependent on others and you can use it whenever you want for practicing.
Master the basics before moving to more advanced lessons
As the national guild of piano teachers would suggest, it is best to have yourself fully understood the fundamentals of playing the piano before stepping into a more complex lesson. This way, you have a full grasp of the core learning before being bombarded with new and more complex lessons which can be a handful if not done correctly.
There are many other ways of making yourself better at this activity, only if you focus and ask help from experienced pianists. To know more about piano music teachers and how to learn to play other musical instruments, check out our website and contact us for classes.
Like most musical instruments, however, learning how to play the violin for beginners should grow from the foundation of basic knowledge. There are things that should be taken note of before going for the actual lessons. These things are very crucial and should be applied throughout the learning process in order to achieve your full potential in playing the violin. Below are the four key points mentioned above:
Getting the right experienced teacher
The reason why you are searching for “How to play the violin for dummies” online is that you don’t have any idea how to play the instrument. If you are to pick a mentor that is almost as clueless as you are, you might find it very difficult to master the violin. That said, you need to pick someone who already has experience and have developed his or her own teaching techniques already that would help his or her students learn faster and with more accuracy. A knowledgeable teacher knows how to conduct exercises that would help students improve skills that would be useful during the learning process.
Choose only top-class equipment and materials
To learn how to play the violin, you must also be one with it. This means that it should be a piece of work like you are, because the person playing the instrument is only as good as the instrument he or she is playing. The violin should be a part of your body just as much as your legs and arms. You should always treat it with care and must choose with discernment which violin fits you best. Every string and corner of the violin must be chosen by the player and must stay close to his or her heart. Keep in mind, though, that the style must not compromise quality.
Find the most suitable spot where you can study
Learning how to play the violin can happen anywhere, but only in your safe and comfortable spot can you play with heart. This can happen for private mentoring as enrolling in large classes often happens in a classroom setting. For private lectures, you can ask your teacher to come with you to your most favorite location where you can practice freely and peacefully. One of the best hints you can get for finding this particular spot is that find a place where your heart calms down and you are disconnected from everything else but your violin.
Take care of your hands
So you already have the tools, the place, and the teacher…now all you need is to keep your hands functional. The strings of a violin are very delicate, and a wrong stroke by your hands can change the tune of the song, which is also why you need to take care of your hands.
Melodica Music & Dance Institute
We are all born possessing certain gifts and talents, and parents play a vital role in harnessing these gifts. Of course, not all children who love music will become prodigies, and as parents, we shouldn’t let this be our goal. Rather, if you have a child who seems to be interested in music, there are simple ways to further stimulate your child’s interest. Instilling the love of music in your little one is easier than you think. Here are some helpful suggestions to get you started.
- Sing to your child. Yes, even though you believe you can’t carry a tune, your child will still think you have a lovely voice. When I became pregnant I read an article about the significance of music to children, there are findings that even a fetus responds to music while still in the mother’s womb. So when I was just two months pregnant with my daughter, I sang to hereveryday. I continued to do this even when my daughter was born. Whether you believe the research or not, there’s no harm in singing to your child.
- Dance with your child. Okay, I know some of you might say you can’t dance but neither can I. Honestly, it doesn’t matter, your child will enjoy and even be fascinated to see you dance. Put on your favorite music CD and dance with your kid, this way you’re introducing her to the joys of music and creating a happy memory at the same time (not to mention burning off calories).
- Teach them action songs. Kids love these types of songs; my daughter and I have loads of fun doing this. There are lots of action songs you and your child can learn together. Some examples are”London Bridge is Falling Down,” “Ring Around the Rosy” and my absolute favorite,”Skidamarink.” There are CD’s and tapes of action songs that come with lyrics and instruction booklets. Or you can be creative and make your own actions. Action songs are a great way to teach kids about rhythm and other musical concepts.
- Share with them your favorite songs. Both my parents loved to sing and I remember hearing music being played at our home everyday when I was young. As a result, I was exposed to different types of music and various artists at a young age. Exposing your child to your favorite songs will help her understand that there are varying types of music for her to appreciate.
- Rent, buy or borrow books, videos and CD’s that revolve around the subject of music. After I gave birth to my daughter, I decided to start buying CD’s for her and played it as often as I could. I chose CD’s that featured great musicians like Mozart and Beethoven as well as famous children’s songs. I also borrowed DVD’s from a rental store; movies like “The Muppet Show”and “The Sound of Music.” There are also good children’s TV shows that can help introduce your child to music. This is a wonderful way of teaching her the significance of music in our world.
- Join parent-child classes available in your area that introduces the concepts of music in a fun way. There are some great music education programsout there, one of which is called Kindermusik where they incorporate music into the curriculum and has take-home materials to ensure parent involvement.
- If appropriate, take her to local concerts. I took my daughter to a major concert when she was around 4 years old and was amused at her wide-eyed look while she watched the artists on stage. Be sure though that if you do take your child to a concert, you’ll sit far away from the speakers as the noise will be too much for a kid to handle. Concerts are a great way to introduce your child to performers and musical instruments.
- If your child is interested in learning how to play an instrument, do encourage her by enrolling her in music lessons. Make sure you pick a teacher that has a rapport or connects well with your child and one who is specifically trained to teach children.