Melodica Music & Dance Institute is looking for talented Violin teacher. See the job description Below.
Position: Violin Teacher
Department: Music Department
Reporting To: Team Leader/Head of Music – TBC
Job Type: Full Time
Working Hours: Saturday: 10am-8pm, Sunday-Thursday: 2pm-9pm
Direct Reports: None
Job Responsibilities Summary
- Plan and prepare lessons in relation to individual students’ needs and examination syllabuses
- Teach music theory, aural skills, sight reading and practical techniques to students
- Asses students’ abilities, provide feedback and compile reports
- Create and maintain a safe and motivating learning environment
- Continuously update professional knowledge and expertise, as appropriate, to keep up to date with developments in teaching practice and methodology, in general, and in the curriculum area of Music
- Ensure up-to-date knowledge and awareness of examination requirements
- Communicate effectively with the parents of students as appropriate
- Encourage students to take part in recitals, competitions, concerts, choirs, student bands, international examination boards etc.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in music or music education
- Minimum one (1) year teaching experience in a similar environment
- Proficient in English – verbal and written
- Professional in at least one (1) musical instrument with a solid foundation in music theory
- Teachers who can also teach piano or another musical instrument, at a beginner level, will be given preference
- Experience teaching the International Examination Boards: ABRSM, TRINITY
- Demonstrate excellent musicianship and artistry as a teacher and performer
- Demonstrate passion for and experience in teaching young beginners and adults
- Flexibility and creativity to adapt to curriculum goals and ability to work collaboratively
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work effectively in a diverse community
- Ability to work during working hours as well as additional hours for planning meetings, professional development, scheduled concerts or examinations
- Interest and ability to be a role model to students and parents as an artist, teacher and scholar and to encourage students to develop holistically
- Basic IT knowledge
Salary and Benefit Details
- Competitive tax free salary – basic + commission (based on personal performance)
- Limited Contract with Dubai residence visa
- 30 days paid annual leave during the summer
- 15 days unpaid leave during the winter
- Local medical insurance
How to Apply
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
TBC based on website capabilities
Only qualified candidates will be contacted by the HR Department for a pre-screening telephone conversation.
If you are not contacted by Melodica, your application has unfortunately not been successful.
Zumba dance is a kind of dancing that was founded in Columbia by a fitness instructor. Zumba dancing was created accidentally when he used Latin American music for some of his classes without a proper preparation. However, he combined different steps from Salsa and meringue and created another form of dancing that is known nowadays as Zumba. Later on, two talented persons from the USA took interest in it, gave it a boost and made it popular worldwide. It became popular very soon because of the heavy Latin effects and soon Zumba classes were introduced to the gym, dance studios and fitness centers.
You can also find a lot of enjoyment while having Zumba dance routine just by a few simple steps of Zumba. For this, you can join you nearby dance academy or a dance institute.
The things that you will require for Zumba classes will be comfortable shoes that can give you a good lateral support. Moreover, wear some thick socks to absorb sweat.
Wear comfortable and loose clothing for Zumba dance with good wicking to get rid of chaffing and keep you dry. It’s important for women to have a strong sports bra to avoid chaffing and to get rid of muscular damage.
When you are ready, then go to a warm-up process. A warmup is basically required for a good Zumba workout to prepare by stretching.
Learn all the basic things like footwork, crossovers, box steps and some other body movements that will help you to move your torso and hips and also pay attention to waves, arm movements, and swings.
During Zumba classes keep in mind, don’t be intimidated by your instructor’s speed. Just start with your own rhythm and pace and with practice you will increase your tempo as you do Zumba.
Before starting the Zumba routine, try to keep a bottle of water with yourself so that you may take a swing of water as fluids it will keep your body hydrated.
Melodica Music and Dance Institute is an ultimate place to learn Zumba dance and all kind of dance classes in Dubai UAE. Just visit Melodica and enroll in one of our dance programs.
Whether you are studying a book, watching a video, watching to a real human who is performing in front of you or even some music lessons, just keep in mind the following points. If you are enrolled in a music school and want to get the most of your music classes just keep the following things in your mind and I am sure you will have a great deal in terms of learning.
1) If you are taking your music lessons, just keep in mind that don’t move ahead until you have complete and master the existing lesson or section. Make sure you have learned every necessary thing that you ought to learn before moving to the next step. If you are just trying to rush through your lessons without fully understanding them, this will just waste your time, efforts and money.
Study just like you used to be in school. Make your routine at home to do some homework at night. If you have only 15 spare minutes to give to your music studies, just give it. Otherwise, if you don’t have enough time to read/ watch then at least you have to do the application of your last drills or lessons such as chords and scales. If you tried to watch and read but still you didn’t get whatever you need to learn, it means you need to relearn your lessons. If you are working with a human or watching a video, always take your notes and don’t be afraid and hesitate while writing all your sheet music and workbooks.
- The music lessons that you have learned, now it is the time to apply it. It means that whatever you have learned is just temporary in your mind. To give it a permanent place in your mind and to make it your habit you just need to apply it for playing for others, in a church, for your family or any of your favorite place where you used to sit. The recital will help you to drive your music lessons and it will also clear your idea that what instrument you need to work on.
Learning music is a wonderful activity. No matter, whether you are an adult or a kid, these tips will help you learn more with ease and effective way.
Melodica music and dance institute is the top rated music institute in Dubai with all music classes. Melodica has talented teachers from different parts of the world. Just visit melodica.ae and book your first music class today.
Usually, the music students ask a question that how to do more progress in learning music using my instrument. No matter you are learning piano lessons, guitar lesson or violin lessons, the way of dealing with your instrument is the primary key in progress on your instrument. Learning music is a process just like you are learning your instrument. Most of the students want to do progress quickly on their instrument but as they are not using their instrument in a proper way so it seems they cannot progress even if they use their instrument for a long time. The simple answer to the above question “how to make more progress on my instrument”, here are a few tips that make your effort more valuable and makes your practice more effective and efficient.
Always use the correct notes. You need to feed your brain the correct patterns. Some music experts say that to learn a phrase play it 7 times but to unlearn a mistake or to correct a mistake you have to practice 35 times.
Tip 2: Use of Correct fingering
This applies to those mostly who are practicing on keyboard or piano. This is also for the woodwind players with using alternative fingerings.
Tip3: Your Goal Should be the target & Not the Time:
Even if you spend hours to learn something, it will not make you expert if you are not going on a right track. But maybe practicing for half an hour will correct usage of the instrument can make more progress using your instrument. Always continue to achieve your target even if it takes 50 minutes, half hour or 10 minutes. After your music lessons, make a plan for reachable targets and try to catch them during your practice time.
Tip 4: Review Your Work:
At the beginning of session review your work and at the end of each session review your work of the previous session. And thus you will feel the difference that how quickly you are progressing.
Tip 5: Make use of a metronome:
Metronome is the device that will help to keep you up to a certain point. It will help you to keep your tempo down during you play the instrument.
Tip 6: Aural Reference:
Find the pieces of recordings that you want to learn and listen to them. Hearing it will help you to learn very quickly.
Tip 7: No Distractions:
During your practice time, there should be no distractions like using a phone, internet, etc. Your focus should be on learning music and not on Facebook posts.
If you want to learn music, at Melodica Music and Dance Institute you will learn how can you do progress in learning your instrument. We have professional music teachers from Europe and different locations of the world, dedicated for music classes to kids and adults. Visit melodica.ae and book your first music class today in the top-rated Music school in Dubai UAE!
A lot of kids participate in a physical activity and those activities depends on the interest of your kid. There are a lot of things that kids take interest in; for example, gymnastics, basketball, soccer and a lot of other things to do. However, the most popular among all those activities is dance classes. For kids dancing there are different types like ballet and hip hop.
From ballet dancing your kid can learn teamwork as it is one of the important things in life. Kids who learn any dance activity in a team, they will be able to remember and use these teachings thought their life. No matter if it is office work or other kind of activity, the teamwork is very necessary skill in life that is used throughout the life.
In Dance classes your kid will learn to listen attentively and the most important thing is the discipline. However, these two skills combines and let your kid to be more polite and civilized.
A Love of Physical Activity
Dancing is a physical activity and any physical activity can improve your energy level, boosts your mood and even help you fall asleep. When you are physically active, it will keep your body healthy throughout your life. Besides a physical activity can also decrease the risk of cardiovascular disease. Although it seems that these thing doesn’t matter in your kids life, but these benefits will help your kid as he/she enter into adulthood and it can led your kid to live healthier for a lifetime.
Increase Self-Esteem Through a Ballet Class
Self-esteem is an important factor in life. Kids who have this ability will always, learn new things in life and they will be able to handle difficult circumstances. On the contrary, Kids with low self-esteem will always feel frightened, hesitated and will not be good in learning new things. When you kids show you something that they have learnt and you ask them to perform, will increase their courage and interest in learning new activities as well.
The above discussed benefits are just a few that we discussed. However, dance classes has a lot of other benefits that are really useful for kid in practical life.
Singing is a great ability if you have. You can use this amazing skill in karaoke, school choir, and regional music group or even in a party. It’s a good practice to always learn music from the best music institute, however, along with that we want to share you some points that should be available in a good singer. However, if you want to take singing classes from any place just keep in mind that what vocal lessons include the following things.
- The singer must have full control on pitch and should be able to reach the right note every time.
- To expand the range or volume of your voice so that you may know what the lower notes is and what is the higher note.
- As there are a lot of styles for singing but how you will adapt your singing style to a separated one.
- Must have the ability to hold notes for a longer duration.
- Should express feeling while singing
- How to eliminate the stage fright
- To change the posture and breathing in order to enhance the singing beauty.
- Improve your voice or vocal strength
- Techniques with the microphone
- Enunciating your voice with teeth, lips and tongue.
Besides, there are a lot of other things as well to become a good singer and to enhance your vocal abilities.
- Make your own individual style and learn at your natural speed.
- Proper techniques are very important as it will help you to enhance your singing abilities properly.
- Do not use your full breath while singing, because it will help your voice softer. Keep your breathing controlled in order to make your sound resonated.
- Warmup is necessary before singing and try to rehearse in ascending and descending scales, volume scale controlling and breathing exercises.
- Self-confidence is a backbone for singing and it can be created from practicing on daily basis.
- Take care of these things as well: do not smoke get enough rest, do not use cold water and do not wear very tight clothing.
- However, to learn all these things you need to join a proper music school. The music school will teach you all these things practically and you will be able to sing in a proper way.
If you are in UAE and looking for singing classes, just join Melodica Music and Dance Institute for singing classes in Dubai. We have qualified teachers from Europe and other nationalities. Just visit melodica.ae and book your free trial class today.
Music is a great source of entertainment for you. The music effect is the same, whether if it is a village in Africa who enjoy the beats of drums or even if it is New York City, the music is the same for all.
The best way to enjoy music is in the form of dancing. Simply take to the floor and try to listen to your folk songs, blues or emo and this the best way to express your feelings to shake your body parts.
Another way to enjoy music is to watch the videos of your favorite artist that you may like. By this way, you can enjoy operas and music. For a moment you forget everything. These folks, indie or alternative songs take your consciousness. That’s how music entertains you when you feel it from your innermost being and you feel like in a musical dream.
Even without going to operas you can still enjoy the music. You can make your time more enjoyable by inviting your friends and watch your favorite songs through the internet. This will make your mood brighter and will make you all laugh without caring about the world.
Music can also entertain you when you visit a disco or club. It’s really a fun-filled time when the light is blinking based on the music played while sipping your desired drink. The folk, alternative, and other songs will make the atmosphere as good as you want it to be.
Music as a form of entertainment has been seen on special occasions like wedding ceremonies, parties, and some other events, etc. Without some music attending a party or ceremony, how it would be? And if you have experienced this you will know how dull time it was.
Now, imagine! If listening to the music is such an enjoyable and great activity to do then how it would be if you are able to play music by your own using some musical instruments like guitar, piano, violin, drums, etc. If you are a music lover in true meaning, this time you must be willing to learn how to play piano, guitar, violin or drums etc.
Discipline in dancing is a very necessary factor. Dancing is really an amazing fun-filled activity but if you want to join some serious dancing classes, then you have to know the importance of discipline.
No matter what is your dancing activity; if it is ballet dance, salsa, hip-hop or belly dancing, a specific type of discipline is required for each kind of dance. But the main issue is that the new generation has a lot of capability, energy, and talent but still they are unable to continue it because of lack of discipline.
When students are starting their dancing lessons so the discipline should be taught early at the age of 5. At this age mostly the discipline they learn is “self-discipline”. However, discipline is required for any kind of learning. The age factor is very necessary for kids in dancing. Kids old than 7 years are usually difficult to teach and control as they know how to answer back and reason out.
Besides that, dancing can be one of the best weapons to teach your child about discipline. Dancing can open a lot of opportunities, exploration, and fun for almost every kind of person from young to old. Adult’s love dance, while kids enjoy it and even disabled also enjoy it equally.
Furthermore, Dancing is really an amazing activity if you do it as a career, for motivation or for fun. Dancing has the potential to make you feel that don’t lose the hope and in case of failure you will try again and will move on to the next attempt. If you think about wheelchair dancing, it is a tough job to do as it seems; but for those who are doing wheelchair dancing really enjoy it and find motivation in it. Furthermore, they feel like even they are disabled but still can perform such things that a normal person cannot do. They continue until they don’t learn it and this shows a lot of discipline.
In short words, discipline in dancing is not a sort of thing from which the students should fear; but they have to understand it.
The best thing in dance is that everybody gets in love with dancing very easily. There, everybody loves music & dance and it makes a good character and it makes you a disciplined person and makes your life a good place to live in.
When you learn discipline by dancing you will learn life in true meanings.
Finally, you will have a clear idea now why discipline in dance is necessary.
Melodica offers dancing classes like ballet dance classes in Dubai, salsa, hip hop, belly dance yoga and karate. Join Melodica and feel the essence of our dance classes with our professional dance teachers.
Researchers say that musical kids are quick learners than non-musical kids. According to researchers: in future music classes will be used as learning impairment in adults and kids.
Kids who are taking music classes have an advantage of understanding the statistical patterns very quickly as compared to other students without involving in musical classes; according to a research in Macquarie University researchers.
According to another research that has been published by clinical Neurophysiology says that children who have taken classes of some musical instruments have boosted their statistical learning capability, and to notice the regularities, how to use them and the ability of prediction that what will happen next.
An experiment was conducted on kids between 9 and 11 years. Some of them were musical training kids while some weren’t. Dr. Pragati said the lead author from the department of linguistics said that they found that kids who are already taking musical classes performed better in statistical learning tasks. The researchers first detect their behavior related to statistical learning and auditory-related abilities of children without and with musical training. Clearly, the behavioral testing indicated that kids who had taken some musical training were easily able to differentiate between frequencies and rhythm. It also showed they were good in the auditory statistical learning.
Another insight was found when the brain activity of the kids was measured in terms of brain activity. It was found that musical training kids brains were quicker to find statistical regularities for both visual stimuli and sounds that shows that music training not only stimulates child’s ability to find the hidden sound pattern but also a visual pattern.
These researches indicate that music is the remediation based on music is the best way of treating kids for some particular types of learning impairment.
These results makes another idea in our mind that how music classes like piano classes, singing classes, guitar classes, drums classes, ukulele classes or even saxophone classes change the behavior of learning in the human’s brain. Moreover, it could help to compose some programs related to music learning therapies to cure those children who have problems in learning said by Ms. Mandikal Vasuki.